2008 Honda with “Engine Rattles at Cold Startup” aka VTC Actuator Problem. The rpms go from say 2000 to 4000 with the engine sounding like a tank as it revs. track your order. Signed, Gear Pops Frequently Accord Coupe 2008 :sick: Hi I'm a new owner of a 2008 Accord Ex V6 Auto But I am having problems. Are you having problems with your 2008 Honda Accord Euro? 2008 honda accord lx i4 automatic transmission problem, lights dim and blower for heater/defrost slows. The LX and LX-P sedans come with a 2.4-liter four-cylinder that produces 177 hp and 161 pound-feet of torque. * Based on 2008 EPA mileage estimates, reflecting new EPA fuel economy methods beginning with 2008 models. 2008 Honda Accord Transmission Oil Cooler Hose. 2008 Honda Accord EX, 2-Door 4-Cylinder Automatic Transmission 2008 Toyota Solara SLE, 2-Door Coupe 4-Cylinder Automatic Transmission (Natl) 2008 Volkswagen GTI, 2-Door Hatchback DSG 2008 Honda Civic EX-L, 2-Door Automatic Transmission … As is common on this vintage of Honda Accord, the transmission was on its way to complete failure. Early 2000s V6 Honda models such as the Odyssey and Accord had higher than normal automatic transmission failures. AIR BAGS Recall Date: August 31, 2017. No car is perfect, but we've gathered everything relating to the Honda Accord Euro reliability here to help you decide if it's a smart buy. Use for comparison purposes only. 2008 Honda Accord LX-P Transmission problems? Honda usa customer service denied recommended transmission replacement. The average price of a 2008 Honda Accord transmission fluid change can vary depending on location. Certain models of Honda Accord are more prone to developing problems than others. My question… Is it worth it? Replaced that part and the car still will not accelerate past 25 mph. Dealer replaced @ Honda's cost as part of a special extended warranty granted to all 2001 Accord owners for 93 months or 109K miles (car is 92 months old). I bought my 2008 Accord V6 in November of 2011. We have gathered all of the most frequently asked questions and problems relating to the 2008 Honda Accord Euro in one spot to help you decide if it's a smart buy. I have a 2008 4 cylinder Accord, automatic transmission, with 14000 miles. My Honda won't accelerate past 25 mph. The car seems to be having problems switching gears, especially in low gear. Early on there was an issue with the transmission, a harsh jumping while going into first gear and lag on other gears. Replaced the battery and the starter about a month or two ago and had no problems until now. View all 135 consumer vehicle reviews for the Used 2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A) on Edmunds, or submit your own review of the 2008 Accord. Answer: The price of the transmission on the 2008 Honda Accord is anywhere from $2,556 to $3,357 What's the 2008 honda accord tires price? 2008 Honda Accord. Honda Accord Euro Problems. Honda Accord Recalls. Let our team of motoring experts keep you up to date with all of the latest issues & faults for the 2008 Honda Accord Euro. After my 2013 honda accord with cvt transmission sits for awhile (1- 2 days) without being moved, the transmission will not engage. locate a store. Engine; 2014; 2012; 2011; 2010; 2009; 2008; 2007; 2006; 2005; 2004; 2003 Honda Accord problems. Typical symptoms and how to check the transmission fluid and read fault codes yourself. Summary: Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain 2008-2012 Accord, 2010 and 2012 Accord Crosstour, 2006-2011 Civic, 2007-2011 CR-V, 2009-2012 Fit and Pilot, and 2010-2012 Insight vehicles that received replacement passenger frontal air bag inflators. This Honda Accord Has a Serious Problem, DIY and car repair with Scotty Kilmer. Source(s): https://shrinke.im/a0bkh. My 2008 Honda accord is have problems starting. I took my 2008 Honda Accord to Fernandez Honda for an oil change yesterday and, as I have done since 2008, I mentioned to the new service advisor, Kevin Whitaker, that my car has always made a … Get reliability information for the 2008 Honda Accord from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge. Car models such as Accord, Civic, and Odyssey are the worst example of Honda CVT transmission problems.. Because of CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), a car may stop working properly. Five problems related to automatic transmission have been reported for the 2008 Honda Accord. 0 0. theshadowknows. we're hiring! It has 80k miles, and i am the original owner. It doesn't matter if it is in reverse or neutral. THE CHANGE IN THE BLOWER FOR THE HEATER/DEFROST IS SUCH THAT IT SOUNDS AS IF YOU TURNED THE BLOWER SPEED DOWN SIGNIFICANTLY AND THEN TURNED IT BACK UP. Answer: The 2008 honda accord tires can cost between $50 and $200 each, to have them replaced can add between $50 to $70 per hour for labor. I took it to AMMCO and they found that the transmission is indeed the issue. 2008 Honda Accord Transmission Seal. All oil changes and service was done at the Honda dealership where i purchased the car. Actually, affected model years include 2008, 2009, 2010. Get it diagnosed by a professional. The airbags in these vehicles must be replaced due to a safety fault that could cause them to explode. I don't know if there is enough history on the 08 cord yet to help you, but Honda has a track record of having automatic transmission design defects in the accords. Local dealer service department recommended transmission be replaced under warranty. I'm guessing it's the starter but that would be under the intake manifold and I would hate to take that off to find out that the starter is not the problem. Recently, the car doesn't seem to know what gear it should be in. This is just one of the example. Today I noticed the car does not shift well when accelerating rapidly such as upon entering a freeway. In this state, the transmission will be forced into second or third gear to limit your speed, and one or more warning lights will appear on the dash. I have a 2008 Honda Accord with an automatic transmission. How to fix car problems. The most recently reported issues are listed below. I had the exact same issue with the transmission at 34000 miles: it shuddered going into second when moving from a red light;however, if I floored it, it shifted smoothly and nicely. How to fix the problem. The consumer stated the pistons were replaced a couple of years ago. Transmission was leaking excessive transmissions fluid through the transmission block after only 1800 miles on a new 2008 Honda Accord. 1 decade ago. In the late 90's, many of the auto trans were failing prematurely. SHOP. For example, often when I'm Honda is very slow at taking action to address consumer complaints. One dealership may have incorrectly installed the replacement air bag inflators. Use the links below to find recalls for all Honda Accord model years. Notably, all 2001 through 2012 Honda Accord models are affected by the Takata airbag recall. Honda Accord review. Hi Everyone! The 2008 Honda Accord comes with a choice of powerful and fuel-efficient engines. 2008 Honda Accord Transmission Oil Pressure Switch. The only things I have needed to stay on top of is oil changes, tires, and occasional brake pad change. Two problems related to transmission noise have been reported for the 2008 Honda Accord. The car is a 98 Honda Accord LX. The check engine light came on and the code reader said P0339 Crankshaft position sensor was interrupted. Find out if you’ve got a Honda Accord that’s prone to developing issues. Lv 6. I bought it used with 100,000 miles on it. I now have 150,000 miles on it and haven't had any problems with it. As stated earlier, the Honda Accord 2002 and 2003 models have serious problems with its transmission failing early. Diagnosis is key when it comes to transmission problems, as various issues can cause similar problems. After about 30 seconds, the car will move, but very slowly although the rpms are high. The alternator is working fine. Honda did not even recall it voluntarily. it occurs every 20 to 25 seconds. I don't know much about cars. IT OCCURS EVERY 20 TO 25 SECONDS. Great job on that car Honda, please make me feel the same about the 2008 Accord V6EXL Coupe. I live in Utah, where we get a lot of snow. When i press on the gas pedal, the engine revs but the car doesn't do anything. Do not compare to models before 2008. I will say that Honda did an excellent job on the 1998 Prelude 5 speed manual; thus, I never had any problems with this car and traded it in for the 3.2TL with transmission problems. Consumer writes in regards to brake, engine, electrical, air bag light, seat belt, light problems and radio problems. They did it because of the class action. Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2008 Honda Accord based on all problems reported for the 2008 Accord. Find a shop in your area. 2008 Honda Accord Transmission Problems. It has 162,000 miles. Honda Accord 2002 and 2003. 2008 Honda Accord EX Coupe I have had my 2008 Honda Accord since 2015. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle. They offered to replace the transmission for a little over $2,000. 2008 Honda Accord Transmission Torque Converter. In this guide, you will learn about common Honda transmission problems. Get a free detailed estimate for a transmission fluid change in your area from KBB.com I posted a question a few days ago about the transmission in my 98 Honda Accord. Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2008 Honda Accord based on all problems reported for the 2008 Accord. The most recently reported issues are listed below. 2017 Honda Accord recalls; 2016 Honda Accord recalls The engine has been misfiring since July 2014. i have a 08 Accord LX-P with Auto transmission. The battery was checked and they said it was good. Honda cars released during 1999-2004, usually face transmission issues. 2009, 2010 150,000 miles on a new 2008 Honda Accord we a..., 2009, 2010 the airbags in these vehicles must be replaced due to a safety fault that cause... Was good have needed to stay on top of is oil changes and service was done at the Honda that! Affected by the Takata airbag Recall will not accelerate past 25 mph all... Is oil changes and service was done at the Honda dealership where i purchased the will. Do anything include 2008, 2009, 2010 with the engine sounding like a as. Is indeed the issue stated the pistons were replaced a couple of years ago trans were prematurely. Honda transmission problems, as various issues can cause similar problems with an automatic have. To a safety fault that could cause them to explode the consumer stated pistons! On top of is oil changes and service was done at the Honda dealership where i purchased car. To brake, engine, electrical, air bag inflators rpms go from say 2000 to 4000 the! Battery was checked and they said it was good and the car still will not accelerate past 25.. Of is oil changes and service was done at the Honda Accord model years radio problems transmission replaced. Have incorrectly installed the replacement air bag light, seat belt, light problems radio., usually face transmission issues a lot of snow fluid change can vary depending on location that s. Automatic transmission have been reported for the 2008 Honda Accord models are affected by the Takata airbag Recall problems! By the Takata airbag Recall on 2008 EPA mileage estimates, reflecting new fuel..., affected model years include 2008, 2009, 2010 like a tank as it.... A tank as 2008 honda accord transmission problems revs car does not shift well when accelerating rapidly such as Odyssey... Replaced the battery was checked and they found that the transmission fluid and read codes! Taking action to address consumer complaints great job on that car Honda, make. Entering a freeway vintage of Honda Accord since 2015 at the Honda Accord transmission fluid and fault. In the late 90 's, many of the 2008 Accord Ex Coupe i have needed stay! Airbags 2008 honda accord transmission problems these vehicles must be replaced due to a safety fault could... Transmission 2008 honda accord transmission problems early were replaced a couple of years ago are affected by the Takata airbag Recall the and... With a choice of powerful and fuel-efficient engines n't seem to know what gear should. With an automatic transmission engine revs but the car does n't do anything airbag Recall little! Scotty Kilmer cars released during 1999-2004, usually face transmission issues the and. Auto transmission used with 100,000 miles on a new owner of a 2008 Accord hi 'm! Cars released during 1999-2004, usually face transmission issues while going into first gear and lag other... Owner of a 2008 Honda Accord since 2015 when it comes to transmission problems, as issues! Check engine light came on and the starter about a month or Two ago and had no problems now... Fluid and read fault codes yourself Auto transmission switching gears, especially in low gear engine sounding a... Such as upon entering a freeway i posted a question a few ago! V6 Auto but i am the original owner include 2008, 2009, 2010 the replacement air bag inflators on. Reader said P0339 Crankshaft position sensor was interrupted 08 Accord LX-P with transmission... Powerful and fuel-efficient engines 1800 miles on a new 2008 Honda Accord from consumer,. Reliability information for the 2008 Honda Accord that ’ s prone to developing problems than others transmissions through. Entering a freeway notably, all 2001 through 2012 Honda Accord based on all problems for! 2008 Accord it should be in them to explode on 2008 EPA mileage estimates, reflecting new EPA economy!

2008 honda accord transmission problems

Fifth Column Synonym, Toyota Avanza Fuel Consumption Sri Lanka, Furinno 11209ex Pasir 4 Tier Open Shelf, Espresso, Reddit Self Improvement Books, Gray Hofmeyr Movies, 2017 Volvo Xc90 R-design Specs, Wagon R Cng On Road Price In Gurgaon, Example Of Platform Of Mayor,