Patagonia itinerary: 4 weeks. Argentina’s Peninsula Valdes is over run by animal life, from ostrich-like nandoos darting across the plains to humpbacks breaching in the waves. Hi, I am planning a four (maybe stretching to five) week trip to Argentina and could do with some help with my itinerary. Hi all. We recommend this one! Itinerary 3: Urban Argentina. Follow in Our Editor's Footsteps. This country is so vast, with such contrasting landscapes; it's impossible to see everything. The results is that we fell madly in love with this beautiful country. My wish list for this trip was SO long, and so there were definitely a few things I had to sacrifice in our itinerary. Afterward, you’ll leave the jungle to trek the mighty Perito Moreno Glacier in El Calafate. When not wandering, Rachel and Brian are Co-Founders and Creative Directors at EVERGIB, a nomadic creative studio specializing in strategically-led advertising and branding. Travel Details: Therefore, the constraints of travel time between locations may cause travelers to consider extending their visit by a few extra days to make up for the lost time.Even still, this itinerary is just a step towards fully understanding what makes Argentina so unique and attractive to international travelers. Whale Tails & Tyre Tracks. Salud! Between June en mid-December, these giants of the sea enter the stage. We recommend this one, the most detailed and the most pleasant to read ! Walk among the dead in elegant Recoleta. Explore the charming wine region of Cafayate and its plentiful bodegas. Upon arrival, rent a bike from family-owned, Mr. Hugo’s to get around to the different wineries. Like Route 66 in the US, Argentina’s Ruta 40 – the country’s longest highway, running from Patagonia to Bolivia – has a legendary status, inspiring songs, books and of course road trips. See all the main sights, cities, and attractions on this whirlwind Argentina itinerary for 3 weeks. In our opinion, it is the most complete, the most visual and the most up to date ! Take in the colonial architecture, as well as the Neoclassical Cathedral of Salta. Serving as a gateway to Península Valdés, Puerto Madryn is the ideal place to spot whales. Classic Argentina Itineraries Argentina in One Week. Start in Córdoba, Argentina’s second-largest city, to explore one of the country's finest colonial centers. Given the size of Argentina, it is difficult to for travelers to explore all the terrain that the country has in just one week. My wife and I will be in Argentina from mid-Nov. to mid-Dec. After much research, I have come up with the intinerary below. After they spent a combined 2 years backpacking around the world, they continue to seek out new adventures, ever mindful that there's always more to learn, appreciate and experience. But you can still make a good dent in the 8 th largest country in the world if you plan it right. The little town of El Chaltén is somewhat off the beaten track, offering views on the vast landscapes of Patagonia. Enjoy a café and people-watch in trendy Palermo. Check out the city’s oldest public square Plaza de Mayo, then join the crowds over at nearby pedestrian street, Calle Florida. I have excluded… Enjoy delicious regional specialties, from homemade tamales at Mercado San Miguel to Bife de Chorizo at a classic steakhouse like  El Viejo Jack. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. El Calafate, Bariloche & Salta. Explore downtown Mendoza with its lively pedestrian street of shops, cafes and restaurants. Weather certainly didn’t dominate our trip but it … Continue on to Mendoza, “The Land of Sun and Fine Wines,” located in the foothills of the Andes mountains. Answer 1 of 7: Hello, my girlfriend and I are travelling to Argentina next January but we are not sure which Itinerary to follow, or if we should do a station less or more. I am coming from Australia and planning to arrive in BA (unless it was cheaper to go to Santiago and head to Salta or something).. Lastly, end your tour in the welcoming capital of Buenos Aires – the ideal place to get a taste of the good life, South American style. El Tigre (day trip from Buenos Aires) If you’re on a quest to collect Argentinean crafts, El Tigre, an … For more details, visit our post on Salta, Argentina. From Mendoza, there’s a direct bus to Bariloche (18 hours.) Day 1: Downtown, Plaza de Mayo, San Telmo. These cookies do not store any personal information. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. On the way, stop for lunch in the quiet town of Cachi for authentic tamales. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Our website uses cookies, as almost all websites do, to help provide you with the best experience we can. I'm not able to pay for flights or really expensive coaches around the country, but would like to see some of the impressive scenery, see some of the culture, preferably a bit out of the cities and finish in the capital before flying home. On this two-week tour, you'll visit several of Argentina's most popular … In the far south of Argentina you’ll find the town of Ushuaia. Enjoy balmy weather while strolling the many leafy plazas. I am interested in local culture, Landmarks and Heritage sites and Tango/restaurants/Bars entertainment in the evening. Any way the wind blows, you’ll be amazed by the greatness of Argentina. Below is my rough itinerary; 1. From nearby El Calafate, you can easily book a bus taking you to the national park with its icy blue glacier. We traveled back and forth between Chile and Argentina in Patagonia for 4 weeks from late February to mid-March 2018. Best Itineraries for Backpacking Argentina. The laidback town of Salta is a wonderful introduction into Argentina. Once in Bariloche, it doesn’t take long to wander around the Swiss-inspired mountain village. Ruta 40 - 6 weeks. Start your three perfect days in Buenos Aires in the centre of the city.All Porteños begin their day with a cortado, a shot of espresso with a little milk.While very touristy, Café Tortoni (Avenida de Mayo 825) is a good place to do the same.Many famous artists and writers have spent time here, so you’ll sip your cuppa surrounded by history. Accept Read More, Argentina Itinerary: The best of Argentina in 4 weeks, Hiking the Superbloom in California Wine Country. Another Patagonian highlight is the Perito Moreno Glacier. Here, he plans 12 days in Argentina and Chile. Gas is about 4.80 ARS / liter. And don’t miss a local peña (social gathering) featuring traditional food, live music and dancing. Count on six weeks for this road trip itinerary if you want to take in all 5224km. If, however, you pick out the right neighbourhoods, you’ll get why so many people are fond of it. Once there, you can do some short walks around, offering great views on this nature phenomenon, or join a boat tour bringing you closer up to to glacier. This post was EXACTLY what I was looking for as I started to panic that our trip was close, it’s high season in Argentina, and we have zero hotels or an itinerary! For more details, visit our post on Bariloche, Argentina. In this two-week Argentina itinerary, you’ll be spending most of your time in Central and Northern Argentina. You could choose to explore one specific region, but those of you who’d love to get an all-round impression of the country, are in for a treat! We will be there for about 2.5 weeks; we land the morning of December 18th after an overnight flight from Miami via Chicago and we fly back the evening of January 3rd. Travelling around beautiful Argentina in 4 weeks At the top of the bucket list of many of you, and deservedly so, is gorgeous Argentina. They vary from one to four weeks in length and cover the majority of the top things to do in Argentina. EVERGIB Wanders is the travel blog of Rachel Scott Everett and Brian Gibson, dedicated to the inspiration that travel has brought us over the years, both personally and professionally. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. In a country as large and diverse as Argentina, it would be possible to construct any number of delightful itineraries.The two-week itinerary below, which follows the route I took on my latest visit, omits some of my favorite regions, including the wine country of Mendoza, Tierra del Fuego and Iguazu. To the east are tropical climates, incredible waterfalls and wildlife-filled wetlands. Get to know the Torrontés grape which only grows in Argentina. For more details, visit our post on Buenos Aires, Argentina, or join us on our wanders in Chile: The best of Chile in 2 weeks. Feel free to read our tips below and watch a video we made of our backpacking trip . For more details, visit our post on Mendoza, Argentina. Salta: 4 days + 1 travel dayCafayate: 3 daysMendoza: 4 daysThe Lake District (Bariloche): 6 days Buenos Aires: 10 days. Enjoy a wine cellar tour at Rutini Vineyards. Accommodation : For a bed in a dormitory in Buenos Aires, expect about 640 ARS / night, outside of the capital prices will be divided by two. With beautiful trails to hike and only nature around, you won’t be bored even for a second. Answer 1 of 14: Hi, I am solo single traveler visiting Argentina in December for 4 weeks. Learn about the wine making process at Bodega Familia di Tommaso. Prepare yourself for steamy temperatures in the north, as well as ice-cold winds in the very south. ©2019 - EVERGIB, LLC. From Cafayate, make your way back to Salta to take an overnight bus to Mendoza. Here reigns a silence almost as impressive as the mountain tops rising up behind the small town. This itinerary offers the best of Argentina in 4 weeks. Exploring the colourful area of La Boca or cosy old San Telmo will definitely be on everyone’s to-do list, but also don’t miss out on trendy Palermo and the classy Recoleta neighbourhood. We’ve now spent a total of 4 weeks in Buenos Aires, and it’s still not enough to fully explore a place of this size. At the top of the bucket list of many of you, and deservedly so, is gorgeous Argentina. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Argentina is gi-gan-tic. Here is my rough itinerary although I am happy to change the order if anyone save money, or there’s another reason to. Drive across a rugged wilderness packed with wildlife, spot killer whales and visit huge penguin colonies. Top Argentina Itineraries - 1 Week, 2 Weeks and more . We rented a car for a 5 day journey that brought us from Cachi & Cafayate to Purmamarca, Tilcara and the famed Salinas Grandes. It's wise to sacrifice some locations and not rush. A quick search of things to do in Buenos Aires quickly revealed a whole smorgasbord of activities, and it’s quite easy to get overwhelmed when trying to choose what to see. We didn’t fall in love with Buenos Aires from the very start. On one hand it is rich in … Below is a list of four travel itineraries for backpacking Argentina. Bargain for deals at Feira de San Telmo in historic San Telmo. We took a direct flight from Amsterdam to Buenos Aires and back with KLM, which took about 14 hours each way. The perfect end of our travel itinerary before heading back to the hustle and bustle of Buenos Aires: chilling a couple of days around Puerto Iguazú. Once you’ve had your fill of city life, take a colectivo (shared bus) out to wine country in nearby Maipú. Travelers may not be able to see all of the numerous national parks that Argentina has to offer, but they can still visit the urban and natural capitals of the country. It’ll be one highlight after the other. From the valley’s oldest winery,  Vasija Secreta Winery, to modern bodegas like Bodega El Transito, there’s a plethora of wine experiences, each as unique and individual as the wine itself. Enjoy a day trip to Colonia Suisa, the region’s first European settlement, and make the short hike to the summit of Mount Campanario for some of the best views in the world. Starting in the south, it includes stops in Ushuaia, Punta Arenas, Puerto Natales (for Torres Del Paine), El Calafate (for Perito Moreno Glacier), El Chaltén, Bariloche and El Bolsón. This is the end of summer, shoulder season, and we had a mix of sun and rain in about equal parts. Days 3-5. Would appreciate any comments. Roadtrippin’ at its best! If you’re a wine-lover, we recommend heading there in February or March when the grapes are harvested. From Salta, rent a car and make the scenic drive to Cafayate through the Calchaqui Valleys. Soak up the easygoing way of life in the elegant, colonial town of Salta.
2020 argentina itinerary 4 weeks