3. Nutrition: per serving Calories 512kcals Fat 32.9g (17.6g saturated) Protein 28.3g Carbohydrates 27g … When I hear the word casserole, I automatically envision sausages or chunks of pork, with meaty gravy’s and such. It's rich and tasty with all of the Greek cheeses: feta, ricotta, and kefalotiri. especially good if you grow your own tomatoes and courgettes and have a glut to use You'll end up using up all of the cooked potato mixture in the baking dish. Adapted from Nigella Bites , one of my favourite cookbooks ever, it's a touch more involved than bunging everything into the oven but it's also 100% foolproof and swoon worthy that you'll never made potato gratin any other way again. Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. 20 minutes. Cut them into slices and pre-steam them for 3 to 4 minutes. 2. In a baking dish (roughly 20cm by 10cm), layer up your potatoes, leeks, garlic and courgettes, adding a little salt and pepper and chopped parsley between the layers. Instructions. - Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th.6). Preheat the oven to 180°C. Drizzle 1/2 cup olive oil over tomatoes; sprinkle with salt.

Cut the bulbs in half lengthwise and slice them crosswise, making approximately 4 cups of sliced fennel. Scalloped Potatoes If you love potatoes and cheese and want an easy dish that will impress during the holidays, such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Easter, this is it! Butter a casserole dish and season. A great way to use up a glut of courgettes … Cut the cheese into slices. Create a courgette dinner with our comforting gratin recipe, made with leeks, ham, spinach and crème fraîche. https://www.olivemagazine.com/.../courgette-tomato-and-gruyere-gratin For this recipe I used 5 smaller potatoes and about 1 ½ zucchini. If you’d rather call this a potato and zucchini bake or casserole, that’s totally cool! Melt half of the butter in a frying pan with the garlic, and half of the courgette slices, sprinkle with half of the mixed herbs. 2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). As much as I love the recipes above, particularly the courgette curry, this potato and courgette soup is my new favourite. Put the olive oil and butter in a medium… Place a layer of potato slices on the bottom and scatter butter dots on top. Cut them into slices and pre-steam them for 3 to 4 minutes. Step 2 In a medium baking pan, toss together the zucchini, potatoes, red bell pepper, garlic, bread crumbs, and olive oil - Wash the skin, cut the ends of the courgettes. These potato and courgette fritters make a lovely vegetarian summer light lunch. This site is free to those who need it, and always will be, but it does of course incur costs to run and keep it running. Create a courgette dinner with our comforting gratin recipe, made with leeks, ham, spinach and crème fraîche. Two things that did, as ever, grow well were my potato and courgette plants giving me plenty of opportunity to make this lovely dish. Why not take them along to a picnic or put them in a lunchbox? https://www.redonline.co.uk/.../courgette-and-aubergine-vegetarian-gratin Boureki is a zucchini and potato gratin from the city of Chania in Crete. Arrange potatoes in single layer on prepared sheet; drizzle any oil from bowl over. Layer tomatoes and zucchini slices in a circle, alternating a layer of 2 zucchini slices and 1 tomato slice until the dish is filled. 1 Slice the courgettes lengthways (about 1/2cm thick), then sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt flakes and lay them on a plate with another plate on top.Put a weight or tin on top to help push out the liquid. https://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/courgette-tomato-and-parmesan-gratin.html Bring to a boil over high; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until almost tender, about 10 minutes. It was simply two sliced courgettes, one medium sized sliced potato, cover with stock, season with salt and pepper, simmer for about 20 minutes, then add some cubed smoked feta (I used the one made by Yamas ) and blend. Season to taste. Top the first layer with 1/4 cup of the cheese. Preheat the oven to 220ºC, gas mark 7. Season lightly with salt and pepper, and pour over a little cream. This vegetable gratin is super easy and is the easy side dish for any meat or fish, or as a vegetarian main course. - Scrape the skin off the throat. 2. Whisk the … If using organic veg no need to peel them. Potato and zucchini au gratin - Peel, wash and cut the potatoes into thin slices. Cut the cheese into slices. https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/courgette-and-tomato-gratin-recipe Pour over the hot vegetable stock and cover with tin foil. To assemble the gratin, make a layer of potatoes, cover with zucchini and season. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Scrape the skin of the Époisses and cut the cheese into slices. Layer the potatoes and courgette in the dish so that they over lap like roof tiles. 1. I’m on a comfort food roll this autumn! Lay remaining potato slices on top, pour in boiling water, then add pepper. Top with remaining onion-garlic mixture. Boil the potato slices in salted water until almost cooked, drain them and set aside. Place in preheated oven and bake for … Cut off the ends from each and cut into slices similar to the potato. Cover with aluminium foil and seal tightly. We also use this as a supper dish when the nights get cool, and we need a little comfort food. (I made 3 layers of potato slices but this will depend on the size of your baking dish). Thinly slice the courgette and potato using a mandoline. Add a layer of sweet Sprinkle with some salt and pepper. The Courgette and Potato Gratin recipe out of our category flowering vegetables! Privacy policy. Green – syn free per serving. Drain them. Drizzle the soy sauce and sprinkle the cayenne pepper over the potatoes. 3/4 courgettes per person, sliced 1 cm thick A delicious Scalloped Potato Gratin recipe made with thinly sliced Yukon gold potatoes layered with cheese and a light buttery sauce. Drain them. Fry the onion and garlic in 1tbsp of the olive oil in a frying pan on a low heat for 15mins until golden and caramelised. In place of dairy cream, we have picked to use unsweetened 100% pure coconut cream. Remove foil; … Dot with butter cubes and grate some freshly grated nutmeg on top. set aside. https://www.prima.co.uk/.../news/a30177/courgette-red-onion-gratin-recipe Place a sheet of non-stick baking paper the same size as the dish on top of the potatoes. Cook the remaining courgette slices in the same way. Add the butter, and cook 15 minutes, stirring and scraping with a wood… Toss with cumin, nigella, red-pepper flakes, cinnamon and 1 teaspoon salt. Boil the potato slices in salted water until almost cooked, drain them and set aside. 4. Pour cream on top and sprinkle with the grated cheese. Anyway, here’s what I did: Ingredients Add the garlic and cook for a minute until pale golden. - Wash the skin, cut the ends of the courgettes. - Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th.6). Melt half of the butter in a frying pan with the garlic, and half of the courgette slices, sprinkle with half of the mixed herbs. 2 Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and add the tomatoes and garlic.Cook over a medium heat (stirring), for 5 mins until thickened. Preheat your oven to 180C. Cover with foil; bake until potatoes are tender, 35 to 45 minutes. Try them out! Courgette, Tomato & Potato Gratin (serves 2 as a main dish or 4 as a side) 10 tomatoes, sliced thickly 8 medium potatoes. - Scrape the skin off the throat. Preheat oven to 250°F. Whisk the egg with the cream and milk, season with pepper and salt, pour into the dish to cover the potatoes and courgettes. 2. Beware, the below recipe is rough in quantities. Click here for my books! ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ©2020 Allrecipes.com, Inc. Extra Easy – syn free per serving. Rustic Courgette and Potato Cakes. Potato gratin is usually served as a side dish, but the extra protein in this lentil gratin makes … serves 3. 1. Slimming Eats Recipe. Zucchini should be sliced … Cook 6 minutes, stirring often, and then turn the heat down to medium. What's even better, is that you can cook and eat this now, or freeze ahead to have ready when you need it. It's such an easy summer soup recipe and the potato helps to not only make it filing but also make it lovely and creamy. Dauphinoise potatoes are an absolute classic. Spray a baking dish with vegetable oil. Lightly grease a 9-by-9-inch baking dish or similarly sized gratin dish with ghee, and place the gratin dish on a baking sheet. Ingredients. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with cool water. Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Oops! Grease a low sided oven dish with the extra butter. Put another layer of zucchini and potatoes, salt and pepper, and cheese on top. In a baking dish (roughly 20cm by 10cm), layer up your potatoes, leeks, garlic and courgettes, adding a little salt and pepper and chopped parsley between the layers.

2020 courgette and potato gratin