WOW! Add the cashews along with ⅔ cup of water, tapioca starch, nutritional yeast, vinegar, salt and garlic powder to a blender. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degree C). 1 pkg frozen puff pastry, separated and each piece rolled into an 8" by 8" square. That's wonderful, Ashley!! Place the round of brie in the middle of the pastry. Gather the edges of the puff pastry and wrap around the brie. This is such a great basic recipe for baked brie. You can either boil or soak the cashews. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. If you don't freeze, the cheese is completely liquid by the time the dough is done, and so this way they both come out perfect. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Brush the seam of the pastry with the egg mixture. Preheat oven to 400°F . This is very important and should also be done with the puff pastry version. Gooey homemade easy-to-make vegan brie cheese is paired with cranberry sauce, walnuts, and wrapped up in flaky crispy puff pastry. It was impressive in both presentation and flavor. The pastry came out wonderfully cooked and the cheese was perfect! Once wrapped in puff pastry and baked it re-melts making a delicious creamy filling. Reserve the pastry scraps for decoration. Serve with a variety of crackers. This recipe was wonderful with a couple modifications. Brie cheese, pumpkin butter & pecans, wrapped in puff pastry and baked to ooey gooey perfection! Lightly dust work surface with flour. Carefully transfer the wrapped brie to the prepared baking pan and bake for 45 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. I don't use the almonds, and I spoon plenty of apricot preserves over the brie before wrapping and I think this adds the extra kick it needs. You saved Baked Brie in Puff Pastry to your. Slice the wheel of Brie in half, horizontally, so that the halves are two, flatter wheels of Brie. Do not share entire recipes, large bodies of text, or edit my photos in anyway without first obtaining permission from me. Place the brie onto a cutting board. Just blend, cook for 2 - 3 minutes to make a gooey melty brie. Enjoy! Let the sheet of puff pastry thaw on the countertop for 20-30 minutes. And because the brie needs to be frozen before using it, this means most of the recipe is actually made ahead of time. You and your guests will love it! I also put fresh raspberries on top and serve the whole thing alongside water crackers. So be sure to close up the holes. I know there are some cheese connaisseurs out there who think different. Do you mind sharing what brand of puff pastry you use? Pour the cheese into the prepared mold, and freeze overnight. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Place seam-side down onto a baking sheet. To Soften the cashews (optional): If you have a high-powered blender you may be able to skip this step, but if not, this step is important to get a smooth cheese. I hope you love it when you try it . Directions Reduce the heat to 350°F. Spread the cranberry sauce in the middle of the puff pastry making a circle about the same size as your vegan brie. Lay the … Pour into a small saucepan and put over medium-high heat. I'm Sam, welcome to my blog! LOVE them all. Then just roll out the puff pastry, add cranberry sauce and walnuts, wrap the frozen brie inside and bake. This Vegetarian Brie & Pear Puff Pastry recipe is conveniently easy. The brie will almost always leak through and then you can be certain the cheese is nice and melty through and through. On this site, I sometimes use affiliate links. Then just roll out the puff pastry, add cranberry sauce and walnuts, wrap the frozen brie inside and bake. The cheese will start forming clumps, keep stirring and it will continue clumping until the mixture turns from watery to a thicker melty cheese sauce.
2020 puff pastry baked brie