Add water to the pot so that the liquid is about 3/4 of the way to the top of the pork. Finally the pizza is topped with crumbled blue cheese and cilantro. window.mc4wp = { Growing up in England taught me a valuable lesson in life: if you can eat it, you can make a pie out of it. Now add in the ground beef and continue to cook until the ground beef is cooked through. Required fields are marked *. In a pan over high heat, add 1 lb. Keto Shepherd’s Pie is the meaty casserole you remember your grandma making with a low carb make-over! Spoon the mashed cauliflower on top of the beef mixture and smooth out the top. Easy Pulled Pork Meal Prep. First you need to steam 1 head of Cauliflower until very tender. Keto Pulled Pork - Headbanger's Kitchen - Keto All The Way! It’s actually flaky! Place all ingredients for pulled pork in a medium pot. We love comfort food and with the cold weather, I knew that a hot baked casserole would be great. If so, would you make any changes to the recipe? This Low Carb Pulled Pork Sliders recipe makes 4 serves. Now add the steamed cauliflower, butter and heavy cream to a blender or food processor. Now, heat the avocado oil in a large oven safe skillet over medium heat. 1 serving is 1 slider with 4g net carbs. Like this keto friendly dinner? Once you have seasoned the pork, the slow cooker takes over until the pork is tender and falling apart. Keep at a low simmer, covered, for 2 hours. Pair with my Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower to make this the best recipe for your family keto table! Bring to a boil then reduce the temperature to very low. The Best Baked Spaghetti Squash and Chicken Casserole, avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon), Keto Mug Cake – Chocolate, Vanilla, or Peanut Butter, Easy Keto Zucchini Bread – Sweet or Savory. Pulled pork checks all the boxes. This makes 4 total Pork Pies. The perfect blend of spices (at least in my opinion). Drain any fat from the beef and discard the fat. First thing you will need to do is in a large pot steam 1 large head of cauliflower until very tender! 2. Curry Roasted Chicken Thighs with Butternut Squash and Cauliflower ». (function() { A classic dish gets a fun twist by adding pulled pork to this Pulled Pork Shepherd’s Pie! Sprinkle a little parsley over the top and call it a night! If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your … Using tongs or two forks, place the cooked pork on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. I was seriously impressed. 2. Great way to use that leftover meat and veggies in your fridge! callback: callback } The main difference between shepherd’s pie and cottage pie is the meat. on: function (event, callback) { But most markets now carry lamb meat. Now you can have that classic recipe you love with a low carb make-over! ground pork, 2 tbsp. are ideal. Read my honest review here. Home delivery. See more ideas about Pie bites, 21 day fix meals, Healthy recipes. Cook for 30-40 minutes. I’ve been Keto/Low Carb for over 2 years and I have made a lot of dough recipes. These delicious Keto Pulled Pork Sliders are perfect for BBQ’s, potlucks, or your game day feast. Set a net carbohydrate goal and search and log over 1 million foods and recipes. I wouldn’t make any changes. These pies will surely not dissapoint your family, and if you make the pie shells in advanced, it’s very quick to come together. So I have endeavoured to make a pulled pork recipe that is pack with all the best flavours of pulled pork, easy to make, and barbeque sauce free. Stir in tomato paste, and season with salt & pepper to taste. It doesn’t matter what season you’re in, when it comes to comfort food like this Keto Shepherds Pie, it … Add the steamed cauliflower, butter and heavy cream to a blender or food processor. Apr 4, 2019 - Explore Tammy mathias's board "Keto Shepard Pie Bites", followed by 166 people on Pinterest. Add in the ground beef and continue to cook until the ground beef is cooked through. Mix this together and then portion the meat mixture out into 4 tart shells (recipe here). Buttery Flaky Keto Pie Crust + Roll Out Instructions. Making a large batch of pulled pork at the beginning of the week gives us numerous meal options throughout the week. }); This is a big no-no when living a keto lifestyle. I’ll be using this as my pie … Toss the pork in your favorite BBQ sauce. Definitely! Check out my other recipes for Keto Meat Lover’s Pizza Casserole, Keto Shrimp and Cheesy Grits or The Best Baked Spaghetti Squash and Chicken Casserole! Foxhollow Farm is a biodynamic cattle farm located in my home state, Kentucky! Keto-Friendly; Affordable. Shepherd’s pie is normally made with ground beef, but I figured that pulled pork would work well and give the dish a nice BBQ flavor. They raise their cattle humanely and sustainably, without added hormones, antibiotics and steroids. event : event, Remove pan from the heat and add 2 large beaten eggs, and the zest of 1/2 lemon. Spoon mixture into pie shells and bake for 20-25 minutes in the oven. forms : { 2. These flavors usually come together pretty commonly in irish cooking, especially with pork (though we’re missing the stout), and will give you an awesomely delicious dinner! Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork {Low Carb, Ketogenic, THM:S} Making easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork that is ketogenic, low carb, tender, and flavorful is a snap! The water helps the meat stay soft and not cook in large, tough chunks. ground nutmeg, ginger, and cardamom. After 2 hours remove the lid and shred the pork with 2 forks. (30 ml) olive oil 3 stalks celery sliced 3 garlic cloves minced 1 small red onion thinly chopped 1 cup (250 ml) white wine 3 Italian tomatoes diced 1/2 cup (125 ml) ketchup 3 tsp. 175+ delicious, healthy frozen meals. cauliflower recipe, gluten free, keto casserole recipe, recipe for keto shepherd's pie, Head Cauliflower, steamed until very tender. Pork needs to cook “low and slow” to turn out like pulled pork and then you will need the extra time in … if (!window.mc4wp) { Great way to use that leftover meat and veggies in your fridge! Keto Shepherds Pie. Cover the pork with the BBQ sauce and place in the oven. Add water to the pot so that the liquid is about 3/4 of the way to the top of the pork. So much flavor for the whole family with this Keto Shepard’s Pie skillet casserole recipe! Every bakery that you step foot in will have meat stuffed pies, sweet pies, cheese and onion pies, pretty much any kind of ingredient you can think of – stuffed in a pie. Keto Shepherd's Pie is the meaty casserole you remember your grandma making with a low carb make-over! Keto Pulled Pork Sliders. Keto BBQ pulled pork pizza starts with my homemade low carb BBQ sauce on fathead pizza dough. 2. This recipe for keto pulled pork is easy to make and an excellent protein to meal prep for the week. When done, open the lid and let the hot steam out. To make the pork crispy, preheat the oven to 200 °C/ 400 °F (fan assisted), or 220 °C/ 425 °F (conventional). parmesan cheese, 1/2 tsp. So much meaty, savory flavors packed into one keto casserole skillet! If you love your family and friends as much as I do, and I know you do, you will make this delicious, hearty, low carb dish for them sometime this week. Add meat and spices to a pan over high heat. Yummy! Mix this together and then portion the meat mixture out into 4 tart shells (recipe here). So much meaty, savory flavors packed into one keto casserole skillet! Created by chefs. Track exercise, weight, ketones, blood glucose, and body measurements. Note: you don’t want the pork to be cooked fully, just about half way. I’m going to share with you not just how to make the pulled pork… Each pie has 559 Calories, 43.1g Fats, 5g Net Carbs, and 30.4g Protein. Keto BBQ Pulled Pork starstarstarstarstar_half (10) This BBQ flavored pulled pork is so simple to make and requires minimal cooking effort! There will still be a lot of liquid left. Pair with my Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower to make this the best recipe for your family keto table! So, I decided to try making pulled pork shepherd’s pie. While the pork might have been cooked, in order for it to be tender enough to make pulled pork, it needs to cook longer. Add in the onion and carrots and cook until the carrots are tender. I’m the voice, author, and creator behind Low Carb with Jennifer. I also used ceramic baking beans to weight the dough down. So I decided to try a keto shepherd’s pie with ground lamb instead. How to Make Keto Pork Pie. Great way to use that leftover meat and veggies in your fridge! Your email address will not be published. window.mc4wp.listeners.push({ (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce 1 Tbsp. While most pork cuts are lean, and also great for keto, the fattier shoulders and butts (ha!) Pair with my Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower to make this the best recipe for your family keto table! Approved by Registered Dietitians. Remove pan from the heat and add 2 large beaten eggs, and the zest of 1/2 lemon. In order to make a true shepherd’s pie, you need to use lamb meat. Tag me on Instagram so I can see! 1. Once you get that started you’ll need to pre-heat your oven to 400f. Many pulled pork recipes include a bottle of highly processed, sugar-laden store-bought barbecue sauce to flavour the roast. But your oven might be different. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is just starting to brown and the sauce is bubbling. Keto Chocolate Cake with Whipped Cream Icing. Questions about keto? Next, layers of pizza cheese, smoked pulled pork, red onion, and green onion are placed on top of the dough. @lowcarbwithjennifer, Your email address will not be published. Mediterranean diet-inspired. Low Carb Sugar Free Pulled Pork. 1 55+ Easy Dinner Recipes for Busy Weeknights Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I do this in a large pot with a lid and a steamer basket. Once slightly cooked, remove from heat and add egg and lemon zest. Season the beef with the steak seasoning to taste and add in the tomato paste and the beef broth. It’s the perfect way to use up any extra pulled pork you have. Let us know in the comments below! } Keep at a low simmer, covered, for 2 hours. Bring to a boil then reduce the temperature to very low. To make this low-carb pork pie, you'll need our Savory Keto Pie Crust. In either case, pans with removable bottoms work best for this recipe. I've been cooking keto/low carb for the past 10 years! Jun 19, 2018 - A community for sharing recipes for meals, drinks, snacks, and desserts that fit into a ketogenic diet. Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until pork is cooked through. 2. Sit down at your family table tonight with a healthy casserole the whole family will love! Heat oil in a skillet on the stove and cook meat, onion, celery, and garlic. So I took a little note from my heritage and made a classic pork pie. I teamed up with Foxhollow Farm to create this delicious Keto Beef Shepherd’s Pie. When you think of casseroles, Shepard’s Pie has always been a classic! Free carb counter and keto diet tracker for the low carb and ketogenic diet. After 2 hours remove the lid and shred the pork … Keto Slow Cooker Pulled Pork. Also check out /r/keto!. Keto Chocolate Mousse – Ready in only 10 minutes! add 1 cup of water under the steamer basket and keep the temp medium low. } Their beef is 100% grassfed and they deliver right to your door. Perfect Pulled Pork can be achieved in your kitchen in about 90 minutes or less. That is why I try to incorporate recipes like this pulled pork keto casserole into my menu rotation often. })(); Garlic Burgers with Cream Sauce and Broccoli, Start losing weight and stay on track with our bi-monthly newsletter, Keto Living LLC © Copyright 2020, All Rights Reserved. Access keto meal plans and articles. It’s the perfect meat to cook on the weekend and use for various recipes throughout the week. To make the pork filling: In a heavy bottomed saucepan add the meat, salt, onion puree and water. For reasons of speed I use a pressure cooker to cook perfect pulled pork in the summer and in the winter. Hey there, I'm Jennifer! } listeners: [], 3. Could you use this recipe for a make ahead freezer meal? Pulled pork: 4 lb (1,8 kg) pork eye of round 2 Tbsp. With a perfectly balanced blend of spices and an almost hands-off approach to cooking, this … My keto recipes reflect my philosophy on cooking...everything needs to be easy, fast, exceptionally delicious, and use common ingredients. ⭐ Did you make this Keto Shepherd’s Pie Recipe? In grocery stores. If you do not have your hands on a pressure cooker I highly recommend one. Perfect Pulled Pork. To make it, you can either use 8 mini tart pans like these, or a regular 9-inch tart pan. So much meaty, savory flavors packed into one keto casserole skillet! Related: I get all of my grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken from Butcher Box. Keto Pecan Pie. Let this cook slightly and add salt and pepper to taste. Pulled pork is one of my favorite proteins to meal prep. Keto Shepherd's Pie is the meaty casserole you remember your grandma making with a low carb make-over! It’s easy to scale up this recipe to feed a crowd. So, what’s your favorite savory pie filling? This dough/crust beats that hands down!! Place all ingredients for pulled pork in a medium pot. The most common being fat head dough. If you don’t happen to have excessive amounts of pulled pork as I do, feel free to make traditional Shephard’s Pie (also known as Cottage Pie because it uses ground beef). Heat the avocado oil in a large oven safe skillet over medium heat. Pulled pork is a great way to consume healthy fat to support your ketogenic diet too! Make sure to drain any fat from the beef.
2020 pulled pork shepherds pie keto